Saturday, August 21

Summer Goals Revisited

Hey guys! I'm all moved in back at school! Pictures to follow, I promise. I'm here early because I'm a peer mentor, which means I (among other things) help out with freshman orientation. So I moved in last night, and today was my first of four days of training. Oh Mah Goodness I'm already exhausted! 10+ hours of training a day = I don't feel like doing anything but laying around. So I apologize if my blog posts are somewhat few and far between.

But anyway. Back in June, when I first started this blog, I posted a list of summer goals, and seeing as how my summer is over, I thought I'd take a look back and see how I did.

1. Watch the first 25 movies on IMDB's top 250 - Success! I have now seen all of IMDB's top 25 movies! My favorites of the new movies I watched: The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Pulp Fiction and City of God. All of them were absolutely amazing, but those were my favorites.
2. Be able to cook 5 solid meals - Fail... Because I didn't really feel like learning to cook, I went through all of my mom's cookbooks and made copies of all my favorite recipes.
3. Have 25 listings in my etsy shop - So close! Right now I have 21, but since I've had two sales it's 23 total listings. And I have another little something I still need to photograph and list. So when all's said and done I'll have 24 listings. Close enough, right?
4. Read 20 books - Done and more! I'm not sure exactly how many books I ended up reading this summer, since I stopped counting after 20. I strongly recommend Push by Sapphire, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro, House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, and Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian.
5. Get my driver's license - So close! I took my test last Wednesday and failed, but I think I'll pass the next time I take it. The trouble is that I've been far too busy to reschedule it!

So, all in all I think I had a pretty successful summer. I certainly had a lot of fun!

But oh, it feels so good to be back on campus! I love it so much here!

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

those are some great goals! congrats GO YOU! :)