Monday, January 3

New Years Eve Shenanigans

Hey guys! I hope your holiday was swell, I know mine sure was! I went down to my grandparents' house to spend some time with family. Matt came too, and it was the first time he met most of my family! Exciting!

On New Years Eve we went to this new restaurant in town called Abuelo's for Mexican. It was quite yummy. I got enchiladas (as usual), my sister got fajitas (as usual), but my dad went for something daring and got the grande. To say it's big would be an understatement:


And after:

Quite the feat, I'm sure you will agree. The food was quite delicious! If there's an Abuelo's near you, I highly recommend it!




After we ate, something magical happened. Allow me to paint a word picture.

We're all stuffed. After we're done eating we decide to walk around the mall for a bit. It's an outdoor mall. After we walk a long a little bit we hear some music. Oh cool! Live music! It's a Rush song. As we're jamming out to Tom Sawyer, another Rush song comes on. Is this a Rush cover band?! Does such a thing exist? We reach where the music is being played. Get this: the band is made of children. They are, no joke, all between the ages of 14 and 16. And they can shred. It turned out that it wasn't a Rush cover band, just a classic rock cover band. But still, it was a pretty cool night. We hung out for about an hour watching the band, Carbon Jam, then saw some fireworks and went home.


Not what anyone expected to do on New Year's Eve, but it was a night heavily infused with awesomeness.

No comments: