Monday, December 13

End-of-the-Semester Stress

It is almost gone. Today and yesterday I've been feeling very relaxed, which is quite a change from the past couple weeks.

Stuff I've been stressing out that's over now:
  • Classes/projects/papers: All I have left is three finals and then I'm done for the semester! This is SUCH a relief to be finally done.
  • Christmas presents: Yesterday I finally decided on a Christmas present for my dear boyfriend. Finding the perfect gift for him has been a serious source of stress lately. BUT it's over now. All I have left to buy are very minor gifts!
Actually, that's about all that's been stressing me out. But it was a lot of stress and I am sooooo glad it's over now.

Something else that's inspired me lately is this post over at Rabbit, Write. Really, everything she writes is like an epiphany for me, but I really enjoyed this one. It's about enjoying your body in a non-sexual way. I'm all about loving your body, but I will admit that's usually done in a sexual context. It was really interesting to think about my body as this awesome machine that is so efficient at getting things done.

Last night, I stared at my face in the mirror for like five minutes wondering what I'm going to look like when I'm old and wrinkly. Not in a worried about getting old way, but in an "I'm still going to be beautiful when I'm an old fart" way.

So the moral of the story is: everything that's awful now will eventually go away. And your body is awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm there with you, hon. I started crying last night finishing up one of my final projects. The end of the semester is absolute hell.

I LOVED that post on Rabbit Write! It was just ... so inspiiiring! hahaha