Wednesday, November 10

The Wind Up Bird Chronicle

Read this book.

That is all.
Okay, not really. I don't have a whole lot to say about this book, other than that it's wonderful and fun and you should read it. Forewarning: it's Japanese and Postmodern, which makes it weird. (psychic prostitute, anyone?) I absolutely adore Postmodern lit, so I found it charming, but I could see how it's not for everyone. At any rate, it's a remarkably quick read for how long it is (600 pages and I finished it in a week, on top of schoolwork.) and it's a delight to the imagination! I highly recommend it.

Other exciting news: I just registered for classes for next semester! I have my first in-school teaching experience (!!!!!!) as well as British Novel, African American Lit and Astronomy. Woo!

1 comment:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

I just bought this book! I absolutely love Murakmai's books. There's still a lot I haven't read yet. I'm currently on my third Murakami. But I can't wait to read this one and I have to read norwegian wood before the movie gets released!

Cute blog:D