So I've decided to try and impose some structure on myself. I don't remember where I first ran across it, but copied down this 30 Day Letter Project from somewhere on the internet. It's something I meant to do at some point. So, now that I can't seem to get motivated to write about anything else, I'll follow these prompts until the creativity flows.
So here goes. Day 1: Your Best Friend
Side note - Today is my mom's birthday!
You're my best friend. I know whenever people ask you who your best friend is, you always say you like all your friends equally, but I secretly hope you like me the best.
You're one of the few things I truly miss about high school. Yeah, it was fun and all, but college is better in every way except that you're not around. I want to have another moviefest. And I am supremely disappointed that Mr. Wilson never sent me a letter back. I put a lot of thought into that letter and now I'll never know if it even reached him.
Sigh. Crunchberries and craic. That time you told Tom Lamaster you didn't like him. Kind Hearts and Coronets! So many fond memories. My college friends are so boring compared to you and the rest of the gang.
So that's my way of saying let's not ever drift apart. I fully expect our children to be best friends.
PS. Here's the whole list of days, in case anyone wants to play along.
- Day 1 — Your Best Friend
- Day 2 — Your Crush
- Day 3 — Your parents
- Day 4 — Your sibling (or closest relative)
- Day 5 — Your dreams
- Day 6 — A stranger
- Day 7 — Your Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush
- Day 8 — Your favorite internet friend
- Day 9 — Someone you wish you could meet
- Day 10 — Someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to
- Day 11 — A Deceased person you wish you could talk to
- Day 12 — The person you hate most/caused you a lot of pain
- Day 13 — Someone you wish could forgive you
- Day 14 — Someone you’ve drifted away from
- Day 15 — The person you miss the most
- Day 16 — Someone that’s not in your state/country
- Day 17 — Someone from your childhood
- Day 18 — The person that you wish you could be
- Day 19 — Someone that pesters your mind—good or bad
- Day 20 — The one that broke your heart the hardest
- Day 21 — Someone you judged by their first impression
- Day 22 — Someone you want to give a second chance to
- Day 23 — The last person you kissed
- Day 24 — The person that gave you your favorite memory
- Day 25 — The person you know that is going through the worst of times
- Day 26 — The last person you made a pinky promise to
- Day 27 — The friendliest person you knew for only one day
- Day 28 — Someone that changed your life
- Day 29 — The person that you want tell everything to, but too afraid to
- Day 30 — Your reflection in the mirror