Monday, September 27

Jim Haynes: Coolest Dude Ever!

I just read this article for one of my classes, and I found it so interesting I just had to share it with you guys!

This guy, Jim Haynes, lives in Paris and every Sunday hosts a dinner for the first fifty or so people that RSVP. Some of them friends, some complete strangers.

From the article:
"People from all corners of the world come to break bread together, to meet, to talk, connect and often become friends. All ages, nationalities, races, professions gather here, and since there is no organized seating, the opportunity for mingling couldn't be better. I love the randomness."

How cool is that?

OK, I have to interrupt the typing of this post to inform you that my roommate just hardcore burnt some popcorn and how our apartment smells turrrrrible! She was about to put it in the freezer, but I was like, "NOOOOOO!!!!" so she took it outside and ate the non-burnt parts.

Ok, back to Jim Haynes: How cool is that? If I ever found myself in Paris (wishful thinking, much?) I'd definitely go to one of his dinners.

Here's the article I read from NPR, and here's a link to where you can make a reservation for dinner.

PS. It's raining cats and dogs here in Maryland, and my poor roommate has to go to cross country practice in half an hour.

No comments: