Wednesday, September 29

For those of you bibliophiles

Here's a new blog I follow. The author, Leah, went to my college and graduated a couple of years ago. Now she's an English teacher, and she's made it her goal to knock through 52 must-read books–one a week for the next year.

From her blog:
I'm looking for 52 books that I feel I MUST read. I'm going through lists of classics, I'm going through suggestions from friends and family, I'm going on Amazon for the top reads. Contemporary, Children's or Classic, I'm picking 52 to read over the course of one year (that's one book a week; bear with me, I work full time and take graduate classes!).
 Although I've been following her blog for the past couple weeks, I decided to share it with you guys now because she's starting her project Friday! Her first book is One Hundred Demons by Lynda Barry. I personally know nothing about this book other than what I just googled, but I look forward to hearing Leah's thoughts on it. 

4 comments:

k said...

oh man, this is going to multiply my reading list I think :)

Dori the Giant said...

That's crazy!
I love books, but I have no time for anything anymore. It really sucks.

Ashley said...

This a good idea! What a challenge! What if she decides she absolutely hates a book part way through? I would hate to have to finish a book that I didn't like...

Leah said...

hey thanks for the shoutout!!! :)