Saturday, September 11

Day 2: Your Crush

Dearest,

We've been together now for almost a year and a half and yep, I'm still crushin' on you.

It's an odd thing, really, writing a letter to you that a whole bunch of other people will read. On the one hand, I don't know what to tell you that I haven't already. I'm so used to telling you everything that's going on in my life. Case in point: as I'm writing this letter I'm texting you about the concert you're at right now. Vampire Weekend.

And on the other hand, it feels like what I'm writing here isn't really to you. Sure, it's directed to you, but it isn't really for you, since you probably won't read it. Maybe you will. This letter is more a projection of myself, in the form of a letter to my beau, but it's really for my blog readers.

Sigh, this is going nowhere. I'm going to try this again.

Dearest,

We've been dating for almost a year and a half now, but even so, you are my crush. I think about you all the time. Right now I'm thinking about how I'm going to snuggle my nose into your neck when I see you tomorrow.

You make everything I love better. Sleeping? Best when my shape fits neatly into yours. Movies are so much better with you because when the screen goes black for a split second we make faces at each other, every single time.

I'm going to sleep shortly, so I'm going to sign off now.
Let's dream about each other, mmkay?
Hugs and Kisses,
Lauren

No comments: