Saturday, July 24

The New Book I Haven't Started Yet and a Wishlist

Today has been so exciting! Mostly because I got the Aug/Sept issue of BUST Magazine today! As always, flipping through it fills me with a longing for just about everything on every page!

But first, I finished Fool by Christopher Moore this morning (a surprisingly delightful take on Shakespeare's King Lear; I'll possibly post about it later) and my next book is called Say Goodbye to the Cuckoo by Michael McCarthy.

I'm going to make a confession here: I picked this book off the shelves of the library almost solely because the cover is adorable. I very, very rarely read nonfiction, so we'll see how this goes. At any rate, I'm going to learn a lot about how climate change is affecting migratory birds.

So. First things first: BUST's cover girl is the ever-lovely Rashida Jones. Really, she is so fun and pretty. But what is up with the dress she's wearing on the cover? She looks a little, er, like a mummy for my taste. And readers, I'm real sorry, but I couldn't find an internet picture of her in this dress. So I won't talk too long about a dress most of you likely haven't seen. If you have seen it, though, let me know what you thought.

So here are some stuffs featured in or inspired by this issue of BUST.

Know-It-All Pencil set by The Curiosity Shoppe
Book Cover T-Shirts by Out of Print
Jellyfish Necklace by Odette New York


The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex by Kristen Schaal


A Vintage Typewriter like this one from La Brocanterie


And if all this eye candy isn't enticing enough, there are some terrific articles, like one about teaching English abroad. There's also a cool section where four fashion bloggers share their fall style picks. Needless to say, I was smitten.

4 comments:

Ali Hval said...

That typewriter is too great, I love the color of its keys! :D

PS) I got your package today! Unfrotunately one of the seashells got crushed, but the rest are in tact. I have to think of what I can do with them hmm!~ :) thanks again. <33

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE SHIRTS AT OUT OF PRINT! I've wanted one for months! Lol.
And I really want that Pi pencil. And I don't even like math. xD

Lauren said...

Ali: Oh nooooo :( about the shells!

And Sonya: I know right! I love those shirts so when one showed up in BUST it was like "all riiight. awesome!"

Ashley said...

those pencils and tshirts are super cute, they make me want to nerd out! I love your etsy!